The quest for finding the right topic

The biggest question for me as a blogger newbie is, what should I actually talk about? Do I have something to tell which is of any importance to the outside world? Do I know things that others don't know? Things of actual value to others? Realizing that many of the blogs out there elaborate on private life details of an intimacy level with which I either feel not comfortable with or I am just not interested in, I decided to abstain from publishing personal diary stories. On the other hand, a significant amount of bloggers use their blog strategically to position themself in their professional environment or a thematic community they feel part of. This however requires of course a certain confidence in your own knowledge and (where this knowledge is still very much in the process of evolving) significant investment into research. And of course this strategy will not work, if positioning yourself is your only inscentive to start a blog. In order to have something to tell about which others might be interested in, a certain amount of passion regarding the topic would be necessary, as well as a certain amount of trust in the tool of blogging as the right means to communicating this passion.

The difficult thing is that the topics I am most interested in, are they ones I don't know much about yet. Not a good starting point for a professional thematic blog, is it? Well, but at least I could maybe market my reflection on these questions as kind of "reflections of a Web 2.0 newbie", right? But then, blogging and Web 2.0 this is probably not the only topics I want to talk about. I am always learning about new things in course of my professional development, which always triggers some kind of change in my personal reality. This change of mind during learning might actually be interesting to document. So the bottom line could be someting like "reflect during learning". What about that? Reflections during Learning. Could be a title. Let's see.

Comments

back to life said…
Hey! Ich habe gerade deinen Blog durch Zufall bei Google gefunden!

Ist ja witzig! Ich schicke dir viele Grüße aus Kirchheim!

Tina Schöller
bald_eagle said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
bald_eagle said…
Hey dude! Welcome to the world of blogging. I was just reading your blog by accident ;-) Keep going! Greetings from Sweden, Matze Wiegard

Popular posts from this blog

Going Back to Dave Snowden’s Seven KM Principles

The “Duh-test”, or what is not a lesson learned

Why Bitcoin is Integral Money